Saturday, April 20, 2024

An unproductive day

Friday

I got up hearing the alarm at 8. My back hurt and my ears were ringing louder than usual. I took the probiotic, brushed my teeth and got dressed. I checked messages. Saronna still had sick kids so they are not coming to Math Morning. Sigh. I took the rest of the supplements. I fertilized the plants, then got some paper and went to the chapel.

I opened the chapel and set up for math. I had a book. I read for 45 minutes, then concluded that no one was coming. So I locked up and went home.

I checked messages. I looked through cleaning contracts to make sure the information was all there. I cross-referenced them with my notes file. I made an envelop for Jamie with her payment.

I made and ate breakfast while listening to Tucker interview someone about the migrant crisis. I forced myself to make decisions about sewing class, then posted for that and for Project Night.

Then I chose two hymns for Sunday, in the same key and copied them from the hymnal. I blew them up 130%, then cleaned off the dark stuff where the page couldn't touch the copier because of the spine. I printed it and drew in missing notes. Then I practiced them for Sunday. I went to Saronna's house and sat on the back porch with Sophia. We worked on some worksheets she had from math class. Although, somehow her math class is over now and … what do they do for the rest of the year?

After that, I went to the house to clean. I discovered that the only way to get the embedded dirt from the floor boards was to scrub it with a mesh-covered sponge dipped in ammonia water. Sigh. I did the worst parts, hoping my back wouldn't go out on me. Chris called from the convention to say hello during a break. Then I went back to cleaning.

At 6, I went home. I listened to a talk on parasites while I made a salad and heated some cubes of steak. After eating, I watched videos of putting on a screen protector. I am not sure the one I found fits my phone so I looked up a video on how to cut it to fit. Hmmm. Not sure I have the right tools for that.

I worked on my blog. I made tea. I prepared for game night. I took some cheese squares and the notebook and went to Michelle's house. I gave her the cheese, then read some jokes from the notebook. The game was on, so I loaded my latest version. I followed the notes in my book, over and over again, not getting a successful result. Michelle called up a walkthrough on her phone and I saw my numbers were out of order. It still took me a long time to get it right, but then the walkway to the ruined elevator opened up and I could go see the medallion with the clue to Serenia. But it had no colors on it! Arrgghh! Thinking I had gone through the world of Spire too quickly, I went back to click on things that were clues. But still, no colors.

Michelle talked about making a video clip parodying SNL parodying a movie I never saw. Then I thanked them and went home. I got ready for bed and slept in my usual spot but as far toward the bottom as possible.

No comments: