Friday, April 5, 2024

Giving away food

Thursday

I woke up ruminating about my day. When I remembered the expensive probiotic, I got up (about 7:20). I took it. I swabbed my ears with hydrogen peroxide and the right one fizzed. I rinsed my sinuses. I sprayed the sprouting lids with hydrogen peroxide. When they stopped fizzing, I sprayed them again.

The black pot was sitting in the sink with burned milk on the bottom. I had tried everything yesterday to soak it off and to scratch it off to no avail. So today I got out a plastic razor blade. And by golly it worked, quickly and easily! I wished I'd thought of it yesterday before I scratched it with steel wool.

Chris came home to change clothes. Some ceremony requires (or allows) him and the colonel and CSM to drive a bulldozer. I asked if I could, but he said no. He left.

I rubbed coconut oil on my left elbow. It is a really dry spot that cream doesn't address. I never had such a dry scaly spot anywhere before. My right elbow is fine. I called Michelle for help with the bottles of alcohol. We agreed to meet at 10. I worked on this Saturday's sewing project, which is a sun visor. I went to the house at 10 to meet Michelle. I ran hot water in the tub and added ammonia, then shut the door. Michelle arrived. She found more bottles in the cupboard above the stove. Some of the bottles were flavorings, not actual alcohol. She wanted those. And she took some alcohol for cooking. Then she looked through the food and took things I thought Saronna would like to have. But, she should get something for being helpful.

She carried stuff out to her car. Then she followed me home. She carried the box of bottles into my house since it was too heavy for me. She also carried the five gallon water jug with pump dispenser. She said I could refill it at the gas station and she would help me if it gets too heavy.

After she left, I parsed supplements for a week. I made breakfast and ate it while watching The Highwire. In the middle of breakfast, Steve called to say he could pick up the clothing. So I put shoes on and met him at Kacie's house. There were three zippered bags of clothing in the living room. It smelled like dog so I figured the clothing probably did as well. I gave him the bags to take to town. We talked for some time. He gave me old jeans for future sewing projects.

I went home to finish breakfast and The Highwire. Then I worked on the visor, almost finishing it, trying to get it to fit. Then at 3 I went back to Kacie's house to clean, expecting Saronna at any time. At 3:30, Jamie came over. She came for a key, but went through the leftover stuff.

Then I got a call from a man who wanted a quote right away because he had to head out for work. So we got in her truck and went over there. It was pretty dirty and the toilets were stained. But there was no fridge or stove to clean. We talked about things he could leave for the swap shop. Then we conversed outside and came up with a quote of $640. He accepted and tried to call Housing for an appointment next week. They did not answer and I told him any time or day was fine except Wednesday morning.

We went back to Kacie's house and Saronna was there. I showed her what to look through and she did, taking most of the food, but not so much of the other stuff. After she left, Jamie went to the apartment. I cleaned behind the stove for half an hour, then went to the apartment to get my stepladder. I saw Jamie in the parking lot. We talked for a bit, then went up to the apartment.

I finished cleaning the kitchen while she worked on the bathroom. The man called to say he had an appointment to sign over the house on Wednesday at 11. I told him I couldn't make it. He said he'd try again on Monday. But Jamie called Housing, even though it was after 5 and they answered. She changed it to 2 on Wednesday. I called him back to tell him.

She left to pick up cleaning stuff. I finished the kitchen and carried supplies to my car. Jamie returned. We looked in the storage unit associated with the apartment and found three empty boxes. I put them in my car while she carried my vacuum and the Spinwave to my car.

I went back to Kacie's house to unload. I cleaned behind the fridge and scrubbed the front of it. I could not reach the cabinets above it. I vacuumed the living room rug, emptying the cup three times! It smelled better. I scattered baking soda over all of it, and put some in the cat room as well. I cleaned cupboards in the kitchen, then realized I was really tired. So I went home.

Chris was already home. I prepared a salad while he talked to me. We had a nice discussion of this and that, and I was sorry I was too tired to really enjoy it. We talked as I ate. I was going to photograph him in the visor for my sewing class announcement, but it didn't look right on him. We decided to do it tomorrow. It was after 9 when he left so I could write to my blog.

I posted for Math Morning, then made tea. It was 10pm, so we didn't watch anything. I sat in the recliner and read a book till after 11, then I went to bed.

No comments: