Thursday, April 18, 2024

Call the Midwife

Wednesday

I got up around 7:30. Chris had been gone a long time. I took the probiotic and made coffee. I exercised and drybrushed. I took supplements and read for half an hour. I did tapping and meditation. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I washed dishes, and emptied the dishwasher. Then I vacuumed and mopped. Chris did not come home for lunch.

I took a shower, then went walking with Michelle around her neighborhood. I dropped motor oil off at Housing and returned the house key. I drank coconut water. I stopped at the post office, then went to the library to return a book and pick up another one.

I went cleaning. I brought an iron but it didn't seem to do more for the red wax than the plastic scraper. I tried scrubbing with blends of baking soda. Still nothing. The only thing that worked was steel wool and that took EVERYTHING off including the finish.

I called Chris but he was already on his way to the airport. After a bit more cleaning, I left. I ran the garbage bin of the previous house out to the curb. I came home and read e-mail, listened to episodes of the tapathon challenge for weight loss.

When I realized it was almost 9, I went to Netflix and called up Call the Midwife. The next episode (its been years) came right up. I watched it. After the episode was over, I got ready for bed. I set up a sleeping spot across the bottom of the bed.

Then I remembered my blog. After posting, I recorded cleaning hours for the current house, wrote notes on it, wrote a to-do list, and made a list of what I would like to have on hand next time I clean Keli's place.

Then I did my bedtime routine, and slipped under the covers at the bottom of the bed. Sadly it was not more comfortable than my usual spot, but for some reason it did seem to stop the hot flashes. I laid awake for a long time contemplating it.

No comments: