Sunday, October 18, 2009

Church picnic


Today was the church picnic. So I dressed for church while Chris dressed to grill. He drove us to the picnic site, then got out. I drove to church, but not the way I know. Some men were repaving the road and routed everyone through Embassy housing. I do not know that way, but driving around ended up at Burke towers, which I did know. So I did get to church. The sermon was about how we think sacrifices are outdated, but we still make them. Are we trying to impress God? After church I drove to the picnic site where the cooking of hotdogs, hamburgers and steaks were well under way. The day looked sunny but it was chilly. After lunch a recently married Korean couple in the choir opened their wedding gifts. I got some pics of that. Then we cleaned up and went to the commissary. I have been reading about the benefits of getting enough protein and it seems almost impossible to eat enough food to get enough protein.
So I bought cottage cheese, two dozen eggs, tuna, salmon, and a tub of whey protein powder. When I got home I figured up the cost per gram of protein and the winner is: the protein powder. Tuna came in second. Right now I have a loaf pan of egg whites cooking in the oven. It has been in there for hours. I hope it finishes soon so I can go to bed.
I forgot to mention that I made two baby quilt tops for tomorrow. I hope we get a lot of quilts done because it is our only day for charity quilts this month.

No comments: