Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Radish, anyone?


Today was the AFSC October luncheon. Pam picked me up at my gate about 9:15. We went to the DHL. The pre-luncheon vendors were already set up. OF course we went to the fabric man. I bought a bunch of fabric, over $100 worth, but he only asked for $100. Then he threw in more for free. One of them I didn't care for, but another quilt group member was on hand to take it off my hands. Ha, ha. Having spent all my money, I went to the bank to restock. Then the luncheon started. We had a buffet line with salads, and brauts for Octoberfest. They had desserts too, but I successfully passed them up. After lunch they raffled off vendor donations (vendors are required to donate an item). Then we played Bingo. I didn't win anything, but the ladies on either side of me did. With a bag of fabric so heavy (40+ yards) who needs prizes? Pam drove me to my apartment complex because my bag was so heavy. I clipped all the corners, then washed and dried it in two loads. I timed the dryer so I could take it out while it was still slightly wet. It irons so much better that way. Our dryer door won't stay shut, so I had to prop a box against it.
Chris was home today and we took out the recyclables. While down there, the vegetable man came by. So we bought persimmons, bananas, cherry tomatoes and grapes. Oh, and lest I forget, a radish.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

What is that you're holding?

Fern said...

The radish.