Saturday, October 10, 2009

My latest creation


It's Saturday! No need to get up early to get ready to go somewhere! The post had some activities related to Fall Festival, but we didn't go. I needed the day to clear out my e-mail and read all the attachments, etc. I took a break to make a recipe of mustard beans. While boiling the mixture of vinegar, brown sugar and mustard on the stove, Chris remarked that I seemed to be making his mother's ham glaze. So I wonder if I missed an ingredient. It didn't make enough liquid and I had to make another batch.
I also cleaned up my sewing room a little. Well, I did a lot of cleaning, but it only made a little difference. I machine sewed a binding on a baby quilt. The hand part still needs doing. That's a good TV project. I also finished the purse I started during the purse class. It turned out well. In fact, Michele said she kinda wanted it, that it was in her favorite colors. High praise indeed from a teenager.
We heard fireworks from our apartment, but couldn't see them. I think we should call the Seoul Planning Department and ask that the highrises along the river be taken down so we can see the fireworks display:)
Lately I have been taking a supplement of vitamin D3. It seems to be helping with weightloss. My body feels differently, and I THINK that's a good thing.

No comments: