Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dongdaemun and Namdaemun

This morning the plan was to take some ladies to Dongdaemun. I was at the gate early (thanks to Chris), but no one else was there. A nice older gentleman sat and talked to me until the post run bus came, which was 10 minutes after 9. By then I figured no one was coming, so I went by myself. This is actually the first time I have gone completely by myself. I had no trouble finding what I wanted and spending money. I got fabric for 4 pairs of pants, a number of jade beads in several colors, Coats and Clark thread (but it was expensive), and quilting fabric of course. By that time my won was gone so I had to go to the bank and exchange a $20. Then I had enough to go to Namdaemun and buy some shoes. I wanted a pair like the ones I wear everyday, but in black. Well, after searching high and low, I finally found the booth, but they said only winter shoes are available now. Major bummer. But I was able to buy some persimmons just outside the subway station there. I was so tired and carrying so much fabric that I developed a limp. But I made it back to base, and caught the post bus to my gate. When I got back (I took the elevator today) I ate one of the persimmons (the inside is as soft and sweet as applesauce) and laid down for a short nap. Then I got moving again, and washed and dried all that fabric. Some of the pieces were too small for the washing machine so I washed them by hand. I dry them by ironing them over the machine-dried ones. Gets the wrinkles out of both. Chris came home and we had leftovers and squash for supper. When Michele came home, she ate my leftovers from the Indian restaurant. Then I went back to ironing, at least until my phone rang. I am taking a break but must go back to the sewing room. I am giving a purse-making class tomorrow night and I must find time to make the pattern! I have plenty of other things to do tomorrow so I had better get it done tonight.

No comments: