Friday, October 16, 2009

Cuttin' a rug


It's Friday and I get to stay home. Not that I couldn't think of places to go, but I enjoyed not having to go anywhere. I spent the day cutting small strips to make a rug. I haven't finished it yet, but you can see from the picture that it takes A LOT of strips. But hey, I have been collecting scraps from my project and class projects for a year now. I have plenty. And it's free since the pieces would have been thrown away by anyone else. Soon I will have a rug for my laundry area. I wonder what it will look like after it is washed. If it turns out well, I will show it off at quilting to see if there is any interest in a rug-making class. It will have to be a long class.
A man came this afternoon to fix the dryer so the door will stay shut. Didn't take him 5 minutes, but then I was sewing so time could have passed without my noticing. I did take some breaks to check e-mail and do some Nurikabe puzzles that came in the mail. Michele spent the morning talking to the voices. Around three she left for college. Chris came home around 6 I think and made spaghetti for supper. We left it out for Michele, but she wasn't hungry when she got home. LAter, Chris was talking via SKYPE to a young lady that was in China who wanted to practice her English. The conversation kept getting dropped, so they finally settled on texting.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Wow! A lot of pieces to that rug. Remember the rugs Grandma used to make out of plastic bread bags?

Fern said...

Yes! I made one once. Not sure what happened to it.