Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pastor Gene's birthday


We left early for church so that Chris could go by the office to get his electric shaver. He shaved in the car. Then we went to church. There was road construction and we were not sure we could get through, but we did. There were very few people at church and maybe that is why, or they were taking advantage of the long weekend. At any rate, the pastor talked about the book of Job and how bad events in your life do not mean you did something wrong. When we were reading from the back of the prayer book, one paragraph said we pray for people who died in communion. Gee, I thought we were safe in church! Chris and I were asked after passing the peace to pass the offering plate. Then after church, Chris counted the offering. Very few people in church! It was Pastor Gene's birthday and the choir brought him a cake. They also sang him a song (in Korean). We had fruit and kimbap for the after-church snack. Then Chris and I went to the commissary for food. We went home, put away the groceries and Chris started a large pot of cabbage soup. He also got a haircut (from me). He was all hands and I had to remind him not to mess with his barber.
Then Cathy called to see if I could help her finish longarming the Yongsan Quilters Quilt. SO Chris drove me over for that. We did finish. Yea! Nothing left to do but the binding. When I got home, we had the cabbage soup for supper. Then I finished my e-mail. This is a very RARE occurance, so I took some time to play my flute and my piano. Michele came over when she heard me playing tunes from Phantom of the Opera. We sang together.

No comments: