Thursday, October 1, 2009

First evening meeting

I woke up in the middle of the night with a burning pain in my left side. After tapping on it for an hour with no luck, I woke Chris and told him to take me somewhere for medical attention. He got on the internet to search for a way to get to a hospital. While he was doing that, the pain subsided, so we went back to bed. He got up in the morning and went to work, but I slept in until almost 9. Then I had breakfast, checked e-mail, then packed some rulers for a lesson. I walked to the thrift shop. We had a lot of audio cassettes donated, but Geri weeded them out for me. I mostly marked Dvd's, Cd's, and software for sale to make room for new ones. At 2, Lency picked me up. We went to her house for a quilt lesson. She was finishing a QOV top and I gave her another one to work on. Then we drove by Chris' car to pick up an ironing board that I am lending her. She drove me to my gate and I walked home. I had a snack and started brainstorming about what I should have planned for the first evening meeting (tonight). I decided to have a charm square cutting session to introduce rotary cutting to beginners. Chris came home and warmed up leftovers. AFter supper, I walked onto post with my fabric, magazines and clipboard. I didn't make it by 6:30. But there were men in our room anyway. Seems they have been meeting there regularly, but the church gave us their room. Well, they left early. Annette and I shared our blue fabrics and she had an easy pattern. We decided to use blue and white with it for the quilt that the middle school requested.
Then ladies started arriving for the first meeting (not the board meeting which we just had). I took e-mail addresses since some ladies had come on the advice of others. Then I asked what they wanted out of our meetings and everyone wanted to learn more. SO we scheduled more classes. Then we cut charm squares until I realized that it was 8:30 and we had to pack up NOW. Wow, with eveyone helping, we were packed and out in no time! Cathy J gave me a ride back to my apartment, traffic being slow. I spent the rest of the evening on my computer, as did Chris and Michele.

No comments: