Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday and sewing


Unfortunately we slept a little late this morning and just missed church. So I started ironing all the fabric I had washed yesterday. Much of it had dried, but a few pieces were still wet. Putting them away afterwards was a bear. I simply must have more room! Chris went to the commissary for groceries. Michele and I carried them up in the elevator. While checking my e-mail, Cathy called to ask if I would come over and help her finish longarming the quilt top she is teaching the class about. I didn't feel like spending the time to walk, so I drove. It is the first time I have driven to post. Luckily traffic wasn't bad. When the quilt was finished, I drove home. It occurred to me that I should have done some rotary cutting there, because I haven't the room here. There is fabric everywhere. I cleared a small area and cut squares for the scrap quilt. I wanted to cut 12 1/2 inch squares for the quilt class Cathy is giving, but need to be able to spread out a little more. I was finally able to cut enough squares of different fabrics to make four quilt blocks. Its hard to believe it is time for bed already. I didn't take any pics today, so here is another picture of fabric in Dongdaemun.

No comments: