Monday, October 19, 2009

A cold quilting monday


I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and found Michele in the computer room. Scared the heck out of both of us. I thought I'd left the light on.
In the morning I noticed that she didn't get up, so I went in to check on her and she said she didn't have any classes today. So I guess she wasn't studying last night.
I carried an armload of stuff, including our group quilt to show off, to post. Pam picked me up and we went to the SPC. There was a 12 year old girl there to help. I think she is being homeschooled, so maybe this is part of her education? Not a lot of ladies showed up, mostly past members. But I brought three baby quilt tops and some others must have too, because we finished around 10 of them. We also made more packets of strips. Cathy trimmed the group quilt and made the binding. Everyone oohd and aahd over the quilting in it.
Our next class will be on thursday night. We will be making a quilt like the one in the picture. Several of us are going to Dongdaemun on Tuesday or Wednesday to buy the fabric. Two people can't go, but asked me to buy fabric for them. I am a little uncomfortable picking out fabric for other people.
I spent the afternoon and evening sorting fabric scraps and trying to get it organized. I also zigzagged strips of leftover batting together for future classes I might give. I cut some more strips (I have another idea for a rug) and contemplated making a video of me stripping (ha!), but such a video would need appropriate music to be truely funny.

No comments: