Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quilt top class


I tried to read through all my e-mail before going to the thrift shop. I was mostly successful, but late. I walked to the shop. There weren't many books, so after I shelved them I worked on video tapes, CD's and DVD's. The only problem was finding the space to put them out. When I left, there were two large stacks of CD's checked and taped shut, waiting to go out on the shelf. So then I was expecting to stop by the South Post Post Office, a short walk away. But NO, they are closed on Thursdays! SO I had to walk to the Main Post Post Office. On the way I bumped into Cathy, who is teaching the class tonight. So we talked for quite a while. Then I finished my walk to the P.O., mailed the package, and walked back, all the way back home. Phew! It was after 4 and I was hungry. And tired. I laid down for a short while. Then Chris came home, bringing the latest Netflix mailing: The New World. It is a live (not animated) version of Pocohontas. Well, I couldn't finish it, I had to pack up my materials and fabric sets for the class. I carried the aforementioned across the pedestrian bridge to our car. Heavy stuff. Then drove to the chapel. Cathy was already there. We quickly set up as others arrived to help. Everyone had a good time cutting out the fabric peices. Some got as far as sewing. I was helping others and didn't even get to cut. Seeing all the rulers we brought, some want to buy their own. So now I am collecting names and sizes to put in a group order to Joanns. They are having an internet sale just now. I am really tired now and forgot to take any pictures at the class. So here is another picture I took of the jacket.

No comments: