Saturday, October 17, 2009

Completed Rug


Chris and Michele got up before 8 to play with the voices. I worked on the rug until I finished it, which was after lunch. I wanted Chris to drive me to post to run a few errands, but his game wasn't over yet (even thought the other players are in America and it was past bedtime for them). So finally I decided to walk. I had just enough time to get to the Chosun gift shop before they closed at 3. I wanted to look at the lastest silk shipment from Thailand. So I walked as fast as I could. When I got there with 10 minutes to spare, I found a sign saying they were closed due to a power outage. Humpf! Well, next stop was the Arts and Crafts Center. I asked for a shelf 18 by 23 3/4. He went into a room to pick out some wood and I selected a 1/4 plywood that I thought would hold fabric with only a little bowing. He cut for me, then sanded the edges, then wouldn't charge for it. Lucky me:) Next stop: South Post Chapel to see about getting a room for a Saturday class. Well, they were closed too, but not sure why. Chris drove up and we went to the PX for elastic and flaxseed (which was on sale for 50%!). We stopped by his office for some boxes (for me) and went home. I found myself alternately looking at e-mail on the computer and going into my sewing room to clean up, but every time I did, I started cutting little strips. But the rug is finished, so no more strips are needed. But I have scraps left. Arrgh!

No comments: