Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another day at Dongdaemun



I had to be at Gate 19 by 9:10 so I didn't get much done this morning. I started walking at 8:30. Two thirds of the way there, Toniette drove by and gave me a lift. She was going to meet me there. Well, her daughter got sick and she made a DR. appt, so instead of going directly to Dongdaemun, she dropped me off at the Chosun while they saw the Dr. I bought silk yardage (which I have been meaning to do) but I also bought a red siil jacket. Didn't mean to, but it was so cute with a snowflake design embroidered on it. I also bought a Christmas present for Chris. Then Toniette picked me up, dropped her daughter off at home, and we drove to Dongdaemun. We spent hours picking out focus fabrics and trying to match them with other non-directional fabrics. I wanted to have sets to sell for the class tomorrow since a number of ladies can't make it to the fabric market in time. It took us so long that the fabric man took us to his secret stash to look there. But the way the rolls were piled, we couldn't see them very well. But we did find some that we liked. We took them back to his booth to find coordinating fabrics. FINALLY we made some decisions. I paid for it all and Toniette left, taking the fabric with her. I still had to look for some other stuff. Then Carina came, looking for fabric for the same project. So I helped her, then we both took the subway back to the base. We dropped by Toniette's house to pick up my fabric, then Carina drove me home. I had lunch (so hungry 'cause it was after 3), then started cutting the kits. I cut Toniette's first, which was good because she said I left some fabric in her car. So I took her kit to the gate and traded it for the fabric I left. I spent all evening trying to match fabrics to make kits that were just right. I even pulled from my stash. I hope people like them and I am not left with a bunch on hand.

No comments: