Friday, October 9, 2009

Our Official Quilt


That was Thursday, now for Friday. I slept in and forgot to make Chris a sandwich for his lunch. Thinking it was day off, I planned to catch up on my mountain of e-mail. But then Cathy called to ask if I could help her quilt the official Yongsan Quilter's Group quilt. It has been needing quilting since before I came to Korea, so of course I went. That was before lunch. Since it is a sampler quilt, we did a different design in each block. Then we had to do sashings and borders. After 7 hours, we decided to call it a day. The sashings were done, and some borders, but there are more, which we will do on Sunday. The back turned out beautifully. I was so tired when she dropped me off at my gate, that I wasn't sure I could climb the bridge and walk across. But I made it, and the five flights of stairs up to our apartment, too. I HAD to lay down then, but not for long, because I HAD to have supper too. I was hungry.
After that, I lay on the couch watching a DVD with Chris and Michele. Finally I forced myself to get some e-mail answered and to post to my blog to keep my readers happy. I am looking forward to going to bed.

No comments: