Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nisha's Party


I had intended to make some purple scrap blocks this morning before going to the thrift shop, but when pulling out my purples, I found a large print suitable for the class on Thursday. So I spent my time finding fabrics to go with it for the other blocks, setting triangles, and borders. Then I walked to the thrift shop. I got some CD's and DVD's and videos put up, but those sections are full and wouldn't take any more. Then we went into Itaewon. MaryAnn and I walked to Seoul Foreign Restaurant for Nisha's goodbye lunch. Its an Indian restaurant, and Nisha is the thrift shop's former manager. We had a wait of 20 minutes while the other ladies showed up. The restaurant provided flatbread and humus. When Nisha came, she thanked everyone and handed out small tokens to a number of people. Then the new management team presented her with gifts, too. The restaurant was waiting to serve the rest of the food. It was a spicy chicken dish, a spicy salad, and a yogurt sauce. For dessert they served us ?: little blocks of something sweet, nutty and flaky. The ladies said their goodbys and left, one by one. It was a touching farewell for someone so many people complained about.
Afterwards MaryAnn came to my place to finish her project from last weeks class. Then she helped me sign up OFFICIALLY as a volunteer on the army website so my volunteer hours can be tracked. She left around 7 and Chris had fishsticks waiting on the stove for me. I also ate a pile of eggwhite for extra protein. Then I retired to my sewing room to make purple blocks, but instead I found more large prints and tried to find coordinating fabrics. Why am I doing this? I have already settled on a set for myself.

No comments: