Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And the winner is....


I was having the strangest dream this morning and then I realized where I was and and that I was lying in bed like I had nowhere to go. But I did have somewhere to go. Today was the AFSC Make it, bake it, fake it luncheon. So I ate, showered, checked e-mail, and dressed. It is a somewhat dressy function anyway so I wore the outfit that I was going to wear to the Christmas party IF Chris had been here to take me. Turns out that red silk jacket is VERY warm and has NO pockets. I borrowed a black scarf from Michele's room. (It was one I'd bought years ago which ended up in her room so that was ok). I walked to post and Pam picked me up. Then we picked up Tina. AS we drove away from her house, Michele S. flagged us down to take her donation to the luncheon. Then we parked at the DHL, and went upstairs to check in and drop off our donations. For each donation we got 10 tickets. Then we placed our items and ticket bags on a table in the luncheon room. There were tables all around the room for items. Then we hit the fabric man's tables. Well, there went another $100. Actually I had 46 yards of fabric, but he only charged me for 40 of them. Does any fabric shop in the states do that? Ok, so then we sat down to lunch. At 11:50 they started pulling tickets and announcing winners. I didn't win anything, but then I had so much fabric that I couldn't have carried it anyway. But certain other people won lots. Sure they bought extra tickets, but not like 100's of them. Anyway, afterwards Pam took 4 of us home. I walked home from the gate, toting my fabric and still took the stairs in the apartment building. I spent the afternoon sorting, washing and drying the fabric. I have just spent the evening ironing one load. I have another to do tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that it snowed heavily during the luncheon, but was about gone by the time we left.

No comments: