Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Someone must have told me to take a hike...


After exercising, having breakfast and SKYPEing Chris, I hopped in the car to go to post. The traffic was better this morning. When I arrived at the car care center, I checked the car in, and handed over the key. I was getting ready to walk, when the supervisor offered me a ride to the Px. It would save me almost 30 min. of walking so I agreed. But after he dropped me off, I realized that I had left my ID in the car, so could not get into the PX. Well, since I was there and that's where I last saw Chris' keys, I checked with the Px and each shop to see if they had been turned in. No luck. So I walked to the MP station, no keys. Then I started worrying about my ID so I took the post-run bus to the nearest bus stop to the car care center. It took so long I thought it would have been faster to walk. And it was hot in that bus. At the car place, I grabbed my ID and inquired about my car. They had ordered a part and said they'd call. So I walked to the YRC building to see if keys had been turned in there. No luck. Being near Chris' office, I walked down there to pickup his mail. I hoped to slip in and out, but I was spotted. Which turned out to be a good thing because one of Chris' coworkers offered me a ride to the post office. I didn't need to go to the P.O. but it was near the Moyer Rec center and I needed to go there. My gloves were missing and I must have left them on the bus. However, I asked around, and they even called the driver and he found no gloves. Then I walked to the Px to find products that don't contain suspected carcinogens. I have a list of what to look out for. Well, I looked through EVERYthing and found little. I got a 100% cocoabutter product for moisturizing, and a Buf-puf for a facial scrub (all the scrubs had sodium lauryl sulfate). In the baby aisle, I found a shampoo/bodywash. I had to go to GNC to get a lip balm that met my needs. I couldn't find an acceptable perfume. Ok, so then I walked through another mini-mall on post and found nothing. I sat outside then to eat the nuts I carry with me. Then the car care place called. So I walked back to south post. I went through the DHL, hoping they sold gloves. Nope. Then continued on to the car place. My bill was $35. Not bad at all. As I was about to drive away, my phone rang. So I parked to answer it. Afterwards, I drove to the parking lot by my gate and left the car there, and headed on foot to our apartment. Michele wasn't home yet. I was still hungry, so I ate some kimchi, an egg, and a persimmon. I read e-mail, and listened to a recorded interview with a woman that studies the interaction between men and women. She says women multi-task not because it is a good idea, but because everything in their environment is calling out to them and driving them nuts: 'clean me', 'fix me', 'put me away', 'mend me', 'wash me', 'pick me up', 'fold me', empty me', etc. It is true. I hear those voices too. Michele came home while I was following a link to ConKerrcancer.org. Their mission is to provide colorful pillowcases to children with cancer. I think I can make a few pillowcases. For supper I was going to have a protein shake. Well, I usually take my fiber after supper, so I combined the two. It was kinda like flubber, but tasted ok. Michele thought it was disgusting (and funny). Chris called then, and we talked a little. After admitting I had lost his keys, I then found them. They weren't there last time I checked! Ok, so maybe there is hope for my gloves. As I looked through the mail, I discovered a movie, "Batteries not included". It was cute and depressing and unreal, all at the same time. Movie ended about 11. So Michele went to bed, even though her paper wasn't finished. She is thinking about skipping her first class tomorrow. Of course the paper is due later that day.
**This is my car door, the only pic I took today.**

No comments: