Sunday, December 27, 2009

I saved a life...


We woke up at 9:22. Church starts at 10, so we had to hussle. But we made it. When we went up for communion, I noticed that the pointsettias needed watering. So after church I asked one of the pastors about it. He said no one does that and he expects they will die and be thrown out. I offered to water them, but he declined. He did however give me one to take home. So that is the life I have saved. For now.
Nancy was in church and not feeling well, so I gave her a spinal flush. She is flying to the states tomorrow so I won't find out if it helped. But I wish her the best.
At home I noticed that my tomato plant that I thought was dead from frost, has finally ripened its small fruits. What a surprise!
I made another pillowcase, a purple one, and picked out fabrics to take along tomorrow so I can work on them at the weekly meeting. I don't expect much turnout because most people are on holiday AND it snowed today so the roads are expected to be slippery. I also chose my binding fabrics for the tops I quilted. I figure it'll be easier to sew them on using big tables, than to do it in my sewing room.
Chris and Michele went to see Avatar. I stayed home and checked links on my computer. I learned more about how inundated we are by toxins in our food, air, water, household cleaners, cosmetics, etc. Some baby products are especially bad. On the good side, I learned that most medicines are potent long past their expiration dates. Expiration dates have more to do with marketing and the price of having to do the tests for longer periods of time.
Then I watched a video on Dr. Mercola's site about supercharging your immune system. There are lots of natural ways. If you look for the video on Mercola.com, plan to spend 90 minutes watching it.

No comments: