Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Learn something new every day


It is thrift shop day. But I often don't get there until 10:30 or 11. But this morning my husband called around 9 to ask if I wanted a ride. Heck yes! So I met him at the gate at 9:30. The manager was shocked to see me arrive so early. MaryAnn was there, too. She gave me the cutest shirt. I'll have to take a pic to show it off. Chris was going to take me to lunch, so I didn't pack anything. But he called and cancelled. But that was alright because Ella (the manager) bought lunch for the four of us. Most volunteers are on vacation right now. Then Cathy called to ask me to help her quilt a QOV. So a little after 1, I went over to the AnC center. She brought a couple of unfinished pillowcases with her to work on so that she wouldn't 'take over'. It was a good idea because I have to learn to operate the computer by myself. That is the hardest part of longarm quilting. It took a little over 2 hours, and then Chris came and drove me home. I had to have more lunch because the salad Ella got me didn't have enough protein. I had finished up the homemade mayo so I used what was left of the wasabe mayo. Whew!! Goes right up the old nose. I spent the rest of the day doing Sudoku and following links in e-mails. I learned how to make an oatmeal facial scrub, I heard a Celtic group sing Carol of the Bells, I read about the benefits of taking fish oil, I saw a video on anti-aging practices (and how if you can hold on long enough, future technology may make aging obsolete). Apparently taking a nap every afternoon correlates with living longer. I read about contaminants in public drinking water and the filters available to take them out. And I read about homeopathy. Now it's time for bed.

No comments: