Monday, December 21, 2009

The few, the proud, the quilters


I planned to arrive early at the SPC so I could play Christmas songs on the piano. Since Pam is out of town, I tried to catch the bus, but missed it, so I had to walk. I arrived at the same time as if I had waited for the next bus. So I was not early, but no one arrived for some time, so I still had a chance to be alone and play. People were late and not many came, but we sure did get a lot done. I think it was that those that came brought quilt tops, so all we had to do was sandwich and tie them. To make up for being late, most left early. Lency came to ask questions about a stocking project. Finally she gave me a ride to my gate and I took her to our apartment to embroider some names for her. She offered to help me put the machine away, but I needed to have it out so I could replace the boxes there with PVC and shelves. (which I did. Now I have room for more fabric) After she left, I ate lunch and opened a box Chris brought home from work. It was from my sister and contained decorations for the tree (gee, it must have looked pretty bad in the photo) and assorted gifts. Thanks, Faye. Michele and I put the tinsel on the tree. Then I finished the pillowcase I started Thursday night. We are up to 7 now. Then I took the latest pile of charm squares and made another panel. Oh, I did stop for supper. My nose ran constantly and the only way to get my hands free to sew was to (Karen - stop reading here) stuff tissues up my nose. It worked quite well. My nose was getting raw from all the blowing.
I finished the evening by reading e-mail.
P.S. I remebered what we did Saturday. Laundry. The machine wouldn't drain and it turned out that the water in the drain hose had frozen.

No comments: