Friday, December 18, 2009

Look!! More finished quilts!



I was later than usual finishing my morning routine. And it was colder than usual. But Chris was kind enough to leave the car just inside the gate for me. So around 10:30 or so I took my quilt tops and Cathy's order and walked to post, then drove to the arts and crafts center. I could have used a second pair of pants, but at least my hands and feet were warm. Cathy couldn't make it, so I was on my own. And it was HOT in there!!! 30 degrees Celcius. Had to open the window and the door.
IT took forever (or so it seemed) to get the backing (enough for two)loaded, and the batting and the first quilt. It was particulary difficult because the batting was hardly bigger than the top. IT had to be EXACTLY right. I got one pass, then Cathy dropped by. I could have finished that one without her because it was an edge to edge design, but since she was there and since she kinda took over, I let her finish it. Then, we just kept rolling and put the second quilt top where the first one left off. The first one was a large stipple pattern, but the second one we did a clamshell design in the middle and ginko leaves in the border. It took all day. I didn't leave until 7. Thankfully Chris, who took the car earlier, returned to pick me up. He drove me home and made supper. I was so tired from being on my feel all day! I spent the rest of the evening checking e-mail and SITTING.

No comments: