Sunday, December 6, 2009

Is it a rug or a quilt?


I was determined to get to church early since I got there at the last minute last week and had no time to look up page numbers. Cathy wanted me to bring her a piece of batting so I was going to drop it off for her, but I remembered it as I was going down the steps of the apartment building. I didn't think I could go back for it and still be early, so I let it go. I did get there early and had time to get my hymn and worship books marked so I could follow the service. I also had time to speak to a few people. Nancy asked me to page her after the sermon so she would know when to end Sunday School. I did page her, but she never got it because her phone fell apart. After the service, the pastor asked if anyone had a birthday. This time Hyon told on me. But I claimed that it was over now, and since they didn't know about it last Sunday, I get another year of the same age. The pastor's wife liked my theory. Then we had food in the fellowship hall. One lady brought jabchai. And since I liked it, Hyon asked her if I could take it home. Well, with my cook being out of the country, it was very welcome. But first I took it to the commissary. It sat in the car while I bought a few things. But the weather was cold so it didn't suffer. I parked in the underground garage and hauled it all up stairs. Michele didn't help me put it away because she was playing a mod. I had a bite to eat, then made my first batch of mayonaise. They said to add the oil slowly and I did. Seemed to take forever. They also warned against using olive oil because of the stong taste. Now I know why. So I put a few other spices in it, like garlic and curry. I spent the afternoon making a rug/quilt. I really thought it would go much faster than it did. Then I cooked up some bison burgers and the jabchai with rice. The burgers weren't spicy like Chris makes, but I added a little cayenne pepper to mine. Boy, did I have some cleaning up to do after supper and making mayo! I took a break to do e-mail. AFter Michele went to bed I discovered that she did not finish the laundry. So I had to do it. If I didn't, what would she wear tomorrow? What would I wear tomorrow? Anyway, I just hope I am ready for tomorrow.

No comments: