Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Take care of your brain


Today I drove the car onto post. I left just before 10 and didn't have any trouble with traffic. I drove to the DHL to speak to the travel agent. Chris suggested going to Angkor Watt for Christmas. It costs $1153 per person. Yikes! Then I drove to the thrift shop. Actually I had to park down at the Arts and Crafts Center just to get a space. At the thrift shop I bought a set of icicle lights and a cardboard picture frame. Then I walked to the Chosun to get something small and inexpensive for the gift swap tomorrow. I got some ornaments from Japan. Then I left the car in the parking lot by the gate and walked home. I put the icicle lights on the tree and wrapped up an ornament for the swap (along with the keychain). I finished ironing the fabric from yesterday while watching a video tape a friend made of American TV. Who knew you could get homesick watching American ads? I also put aside some fabrics for class tomorrow night and next week. I chose the fill-in fabric and border fabric for one of my purple 9-patches. We discovered that one of our 5-gallon water bottles is leaking. SO we turned it upside down. I hope it doesn't fall over.
Then I got on the computer. I have been watching Youtube videos featuring psychologist Daniel Amen who wrote Change Your Brain, Change Your Life. Fascinating stuff. Two good thing you can do for your brain are 1) take fish oil and 2) learn to dance. Now they have discovered that brains DO grow new neurons during your lifetime.

No comments: