Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cold day


I tried to get to the thrift shop early, like 9 or 10. But till I read my most important e-mails, ate, showered, and took out the recyclables, it was after 10. In fact I missed the 10:20 bus and had to walk to the thrift shop. And it was COLD. I distinctly remember ordering a mild winter. Oh well. I shelved all the books, and videos. I had to do a little rearranging to get them to fit. MaryAnne was there for awhile and we made each other laugh as usual. She offered me a ride to my gate, but I wanted to stay longer. I need to get my hours in because there are so many conflicts this season. I only had 45 minutes last week. At 2:45 I walked to the DHL to check on our travel plans. She still hadn't heard if hotel rooms were available. I called Chris to ask for a ride home, but he was busy, so I took the bus. It was still cold! When I got home, I had some egg salad with homemade mayo and curry. Mmmm. I got on my e-mail for awhile. Then the lady upstairs started practicing her piano. Well, since I couldn't concentrate on e-mail, I got out my trombone and played through a book of Christmas songs. By the time I finished, she had quit. I went back to my e-mail until Chris came home and cooked hamburgers. They were sooo good. He said so himself. Then I watched 13 back-to-back Youtube videos of Wayne Dyer talking about the info in his new book "No excuses". Chris went to bed and I wanted to go with him, but I still have to wrap gifts to ship. It would be nice if I had them ready to go tomorrow.
I left my camera at home today since pieces keep falling off of it. So here is a pic of the teacher from yesterday. He sews AND he's buff.

No comments: