Monday, December 28, 2009

Post office is open, but my mind is closed


It snowed last night and froze, so driving conditions were hazardous. So I walked to post. Guess what? Walking conditions weren't any better. Cathy picked me up at the gate and we drove to the SPC. I brought fabric for four pillowcases, but didn't get any made. I spent my time helping others and making binding for two quilts. I got the binding machine-sewn on one before we left. (Here is a quilt top one of the ladies made.) Chris came to get me. I guess driving conditions improved. We went to the post office and mailed all the packages, but forgot the letters. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. We had more ham for supper. Oh, it's so good. Unfortunately the commissary no longer sells German mustard. That would have been REALLY good! I spent part of the evening hand-sewing the binding, and part writing a letter to a friend. Then I stayed up until after midnight looking for that friends address!

No comments: