Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Derby Hat day



I was late getting to the luncheon because I was adding a few more rosettes to my hat and trying to find the right jewelry. I felt a little conspicuous as I went to the DHL, and shopped for fabric before the luncheon. I was able to get only 7 packets! I tried to get pictures of the other ladies wearing their hats, but the lighting was too dim. The menu was high in simple carbs, so I brought a hard-boiled egg and some nuts. I hoped no one would notice, but they did. Afterwards we had a contest for Most Elegant, Most Creative and Most outrageous(?). I got 4th place in creativity. After that, the event broke up and I talked to MaryAnn for awhile, then went home and changed, had another bite to eat, then went to Dongdaemun to meet Julia. We spent the rest of the afternoon looking for the Russian section of town. We did find it, she bought some smoked cheese, and I got a number puzzle book. She actually speaks Russian, so we could communicate. We found a little restaurant for lamb kabobs, and a few other specialties. We worked out the rules for the number puzzle and worked on the first one until she got a call asking where she was. So we ran for the subway, she to her event, and me to go home. I picked up my car at Gate 19 and thought to go to the gas station, but it was closed - AT 5:30! Only station on post, too. So I drove home, hoping the gas will last. Chris had made bison for supper so I had some of that. Then I got on my computer to listen to interviews. Now they are doing like 5 a day. Who can keep up such a pace?

No comments: