Friday, May 7, 2010

Unusual Friday


Normally I stay home on Fridays, and I intended to today. I wanted to work on my hat and orgonite. But during breakfast I got a call to replace Cathy at the longarm because she wasn't feeling well. She was supposed to help Hannah. So I went. I thought it would be a quick edge-to-edge. But the design was just over half the usable space, so we could only do one pass at a time, and so spent a lot of time just rolling the quilt for the next pass. Then the computer messed up, and we had to try to work around that. Cathy was feeling better in the after noon and dropped by. She convinced Hannah to leave her other quilt for us to finish. I wanted to leave when Hannah did, because I hadn't planned to spend the day there, but just couldn't bring myself to leave Cathy there alone when she hadn't been feeling well. It was probably 3:30 when I got home. I cleared out e-mail, then started on my hat. The blue fabric that covers the top isn't long enough to cover underneath, so I cut two doughnut shaped pieces, sewed them inside out around the outer and inner edges, then attempted to turn them right side out (through a hole in the stitching). Can't be done. I had to take out the entire inner circle, turn it rightside out, then will have to bind the raw edges by hand. I plan to hand-stitch the outer edge to the hat, when I get the time.
We called my parents on SKYPE. It was nice to talk to them. But it sounds like they need help and I wish I were there. Hopefully sometime this July we can visit.
**Here is a pic of the wool I got in Dongdaemun. It is really soft!**

No comments: