Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shopping at the mall


I know this is late, but now that Michele is sleeping in the computer room, I can't stay up late to blog.
In the morning while Chris and Michele were playing the on-line game, Cecily and I walked to the Seobinngo subway station and caught the train to I-Park Mall. It is a very large and confusing mall. Many areas are not connected so you have to go around your elbow to get to your knee, etc. We were looking for socks and underwear for Michele, with very little luck. We did pass a candy store selling some marshmallow treats and it make me think of a certain someone who likes such things, particularly if they are stale. So I got some to mail to her. But DONT tell her! They should arrive before Christmas. Ha! We stopped for lunch separately, since I wanted kimbap and she didn't. I ate my kimbap then joined her at the coffee shop. She had a muffin and watched this talent show in the courtyard down below. We also went into the basement where E-Mart is, and got kimchi and eggs. Then we took the subway home. This is the train that only runs every 20 minutes so I don't often take it. By then C and M were finished with their game. After a rest. We all went to the PX to get Chris a suitcase, and me some blank CD's, and other stuff. And of course, the wine. I checked GNC for flaxseed but they stopped carrying my brand. The others were expensive, unless you got the unground kind, but then you need a grinder. But I am not out yet, so have time to check on-line. We came home and Chris and Cecily started supper. I checked and cleared e-mail. We ate, then watched "Annie" which Cecily had bought on DVD to watch. But she fell asleep and didn't see much. The rest of us enjoyed it.

2 comments:

W.C.Camp said...

Wow nice reporting. The Korean life seems kind of 'normal' which is comforting. I always thought it would be too different and hard for me to get around. But it seems like you guys are doing fine. Thanks. W.C.C.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I don't think my life is normal for a Korean, but I have learned to adapt thanks to the other Americans who have been here longer.