Sunday, May 16, 2010

Faye's 50th birthday


We woke up just in time to make it to church. The sermon was about hope. Afterwards, we had snacks in the fellowship hall. We did not have to rush out at 11 because the Catholics were having 'mass in the grass' today. During church I got a call from Cathy. I was supposed to meet Hannah to finish one of her quilts this afternoon, but Cathy hadn't finished Pam's from yesterday. So Cathy skipped her church to do that. We found her at the Arts-n-Crafts center working on it. So I asked Chris to do the commissary run by himself while I helped Cathy finsh up. Then she went off to her two-hour service, just as Hannah walked in. Hannah wanted to do an edge-to-edge design on a whole-cloth quilt. It sounds easy, but we ran into problems. It took all afternoon partly because she picked a design that was just over half of the quilting field (lots of rolling) and then it ran into the pickup bar and wouldn't restart in the same place. So we skipped it and went on to the remaining rows. But it wouldn't do that either, so we had to start the whole thing over again, as if we were doing a very short quilt. Even that messed up, but at least we finished. Chris had dropped off some hard-boiled eggs and seaweed so I would have some lunch. When I finished, he came back to pick me up. He and Michele had put gas in my car while I was quilting and I was ever so glad to hear that. When we got home, the smell of roast pork barbeque wafted enticingly through the apartment. Ah, the advantages of marrying a good cook. I spent the evening clearing out e-mail and listening to the last day of interviews. So glad that is over. I also made another loaf of bread since I forgot the yeast in the earlier one. Chris is eating it anyway, with Nutella on it.
My sister Faye is turning 50 today. In this picture she is only 49. Can you guess how many years apart we are?

No comments: