Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day



We DID make it to church this morning, and were even on time. Our punishment for missing the last two Sundays was the job of collecting the offering. Because it was Mother's Day, I was given two red carnations. After church we fellowshipped for awhile, then we stopped by Chris' office to check on the tomato plants. We left the carnations there in water while we went to E-Mart for kimchi. Our free gift this time was two bottles of mineral water. OR so it said. I drank one on the way back. We stuffed the flower stems into it, then hit the commissary for groceries. At home, we unpacked the food, and I listened to audios on my computer while working on my hat. I have the ribbon and most of the flowers sewn on. We had supper and watched a movie. I watched one, but they watched movies all afternoon long. My sister Faye (who will be 50 soon) called me on Skype. We had more problems than usual, including the ever-present 'call-dropping' feature. But it was really nice to talk to her on her new laptop, and see her new I-touch.
BTW, it's hot here. What happened to spring?

No comments: