Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is this?


I woke up early to make his sandwich and intended to stay up, but went back to bed, just for a moment, and slept until after 9. Then it was the usual morning routine. I got two new tracks recorded into Neuro. Then I went to the thrift shop. It seems someone had donated a BIG bolt cutter. Gee, just yesterday Cathi and I were talking about needing a bolt cutter to cut off some old locks. Ella said I could borrow it. Also I had packed up the QOV scraps that I had been collecting to do SOMETHING with, and brought them for Cathy who wanted to try a new quilt pattern. She and Annette came by about 2. I gave her the scraps and later, Annette left her pointsettia on my car. She is leaving this summer and wanted me to have it since she couldn't take it. About 2:45 I left the thrift shop. I couldn't get a hold of Julia. I took the bolt cutter over to the SPC and cut the locks, then returned it to my trunk. Still couldn't get Julia on the phone, so I took myself to Dongdaemun, even though it was raining, to get kite fabrics. I got home just ahead of Chris. He made bison for supper while I cleared out the accumulated e-mail. One of the things he brought home, (in addition to the gas masks that we are supposed to use in case North Korea attacks) was my order of crystals and magnets. (I don't know that magnets have any special healing power. They are just fun). They sent me a small thank-you gift marked Tibetan D.T. Here is a pic. I have no idea what it is, but it looks more expensive than anything I ordered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to a quick google search, it means a Double Terminated crystal. Ie. it has two points, one on each end. There's some mystical magical new agey thing they're supposed to be good for ^_^. http://www.mythnlynx.com/Tibet.html IF you believe that sort of thing ^_^

Also, it doesn't look very expensive. Quartz is cheap! :)

Fern said...

Thanks for the info:)