Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kite class


Pictures are coming, I just get tired and think I'll do it in the morning and then I sleep late.
After my usual routine of breakfast and clearing e-mail, I went to the thrift shop. I spent 4 hours there, doing the usual stuff. I even got a book on crystals. From there I went to the ACS building to drop off our revalidation form, which the lady found acceptable, so I guess Yongsan Quilters is good to go for another 2 years. Then I went home. I cleared some more e-mails, but decided to work on my kite patterns. I got them all drawn, and even drew a few extra. I packed it all up and went to class. I was later than I expected because I had to go back for my car keys. Then, at the chapel, I found a loud group of teenagers using our room to practice some sort of recitation or skit. But they left when we got the tables up and the machines out. We had a good turn out to make the kites. But cutting out the pieces was as far as we got. One couple was cutting enough pieces to make three kites. I hope they aren't making the project too complicated to finish. I had some purple fabric to share and we were all supposed to share our colors since not much was needed of each color. But at the end of the evening, everyone packed up their scraps and went home, leaving me with only scraps of my purple. I wasn't happy about that, or about the fact that even though I gave them a 10 minute warning, we were shooed out at 8:30 by a worried Katusa, having done little to pack up. It was embarrassing. I drove to the parking lot inside the gate and Chris came to pick me up. I spent the evening on my computer watching Youtube videos to figure out what kind of resin is best to use. Conclusion: no clue.

No comments: