Thursday, May 13, 2010

A long day at the markets.


I got up early to make Chris a sandwich and finish listening to an interview that I started last night. But it was gone, replaced by the next set of audios. Normally I go to the thrift shop on Thursdays, but a group of students from my Thursday class asked me to go to Dongdaemun with them. So I drove onto post, parked at Gate 17 and met them there at 10. Nasia got her husband to drive us. With the traffic around Seoul, it would have been faster to take the subway. However, it was nice to sit instead of stand the whole way. We shopped for awhile, bought some kite fabrics, then Nasia had to leave. I shopped some more with the others, but then they had to leave too. So I was on my own for awhile. Then I ran into one of my other students. She and I then went to Namdaemun where I hoped to buy some rough-cut quartz. But like Dongdaemun, all their stones were cut, polished, and more expensive than the one I got on-line. I also searched for soap blocks to melt in the microwave, but no such luck. I DID however find the lady I bought shoes from last year. She did not have the same brand this year, but I bought a similar pair that hopefully will be as comfortable. Comfortable shoes are absolutely imperative with all the walking I do. Finally my friend had to leave also. I looked in a few more places, then started searching for the subway. By the time I got back to base, it was 5:15. I was too tired to go get gas, so I just went home. Chris was already there, with supper made. Cabbage soup - one of my favorites. However I couldn't rest long. I gathered my stuff for class, and headed out. I was late, but everyone else was later. Thankfully others did arrive to help me finish setting up. Everyone seemed to have a good time making wrap-and-tie pants. A few people worked on some other projects. They kept me so busy I forgot to take a picture. Only one person actually finished, but I think the others got far enough to finish on their own. Those that usually come on Monday's agreed to wear their new creations then.
I called Chris when it was over, and he met me at the gate so I could leave my car on post. I spent the rest of the evening listening to today's interviews and playing affirmations in the background.
**Here are some hats from the luncheon**

No comments: