Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shopping is such hard work

Thankfully I'd made Chris' sandwich last night because he got up at 4am for a teleconference at 5 (which then got postponed 'till tomorrow). I got up at 7 to take some supplements, and re-wrote and burned my Neuro CD since the one I used last night was defective. Then it was the usual morning routine. About 10 I walked to post and drove the car to the thrift shop. Well actually, I had to park on another street because the lot was full. What I didn't realize was that I had parked next to Chris' car (he was attending a very large meeting held at the theatre). For almost 2 hours I shelved books and videos. I got all the books out, but ran out of space to put VHS and DVD. I hope they sell some tomorrow so when I come in Thursday there will be more room.
At noon, I called Julia and made arrangements to meet at Chungmuro later. I parked at gate 17 and took the subway to Namedaemun. This time I found the place I bought my favorite shoes, but they didn't have exactly the same thing, and I wasn't sure of the size, so I wrote down the booth number for when I return with the old shoes on my feet.
I got hungry so I stopped at a little booth for a roll of kimbap. That is all I had money for since I gave all my won to the man who fixed my car. I was looking for a money changer. I saw many things, some I was even interested in. One place was full of china and kitchenware. It was huge! Another place was selling hanbok fabrics for weddings. Beautiful stuff. Finally it was time to meet Julia at Chungmuro and THEN I passed a money changer on the way to the subway. When we met, she was hungry, so we stopped in a little restaurant. She ordered soup, and I ate kimchi. Then we explored a building labeled "Pet World" to no avail. It was full of flowers, but they wouldn't sell us any. Wholesale only, I guess. So we left, and went to Dongdaemun. She got fabrics and thread, felt, etc. I was looking for wool batting and all I could find was 1 kilogram bags of wool. I wasn't sure it would work. We were exhausted from all the walking back and forth. We took the same subway home, but I got off first. I drove to the lot, and walked home from there. (The lilac scent is very heavy just now). When I opened my bag of wool, it did seem to be in a sheet, like batting, but not bonded or scrimmed. Chris and Michele had just eaten, so I had a bite, then joined them in watching 'Frisco Kid' with Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford. I spent some time clearing e-mail and am happy to say that I actually finished today (I think). Now I'm off to make Chris a sandwich or two for tomorrow (at 4am).

No comments: