Monday, May 24, 2010

It's a rainy day AND a Monday


I went back to bed after making his sandwich. Got back up at 8 to eat breakfast, clear e-mail and shower. I make it to the SPC by 9:30. Of course, no one else was there, so I started setting up by myself. But then Cathy came and we set up together for just the two of us. As other people came in, we set up more tables and brought out more machines. Some worked on QOV, and some sewed labels on backings for baby quilts. Cathy collected scraps for trying a new pattern for QOV: something with squares and hatchet blocks. Around 12:30 we broke for lunch. It was a social time and I guess we overdid it because when we were finished it was time to pack up. After everyone left, I drove over to the rec center to see where I might hang a small quilt to advertise our group (and the longarm). I saw a few places, and since all the posters are about 20 by 30, I think that is the size to make. I drove to the thrift shop to turn in receipts for the money we spent that they donated. Then I went to the gate, parked, and walked home. First I spent hours typing from my book like I did yesterday. Finally I finished it. 5500 words. Then I watched Youtube videos on organite. It seems someone discovered how to make it by boiling sugar instead of using resin, but it was in French. My French isn't good enough to figure out the finer details. I also saw pics of plants grown with and without organite. Of course the organite ones are bigger. That's when Chris came home and made supper. Michele come in just a little later. After supper I cleared out more e-mail, listening to my affirmation tracks all the while. I plan to make another affirmation track out of all that I typed yesterday and today.
** These are the starting blocks for our KwikKrazy blocks for QOV.**

No comments: