Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The almost-anniversary dinner

I got up earlier than I expected after making the sandwich and going back to bed. I had another dream during that hour, but can't remember it now. I had breakfast in front of the computer, reading e-mail. That took most of the morning. Still, I had time to gather the recyclables and drop them off before going to the thrift shop at 11. I was on time. Once I finished shelving the books, videos, and DVDs, I went through the magazines to cast away the old ones. I don't do it very often, so I kept fewer than normal. I usually work until 2, but Mrs. Chung decided to close up before 1:30. I don't know why, but it threw me off. I drove to the parking lot inside my gate, but there was no parking. I decided that it was a sign that I should go to MP hill, sit on a rock near a tree in the sun, and read a book. Not everyone is so sensitive to these signs. It's a gift.
After about half an hour, I went back to the parking lot and found a spot. I went home and started working on my quilt project. Chris and I had make plans to see a movie at 5:30. I lost track of time and he had to call me to come over to the gate. When we got to the theatre, they had canceled the movie in order to clean the seats. So Chris suggested we go out to eat. After some discussion we decided to walk out of the Camp Coiner walk-in gate, and find a little hole-in-the-wall place. Amongst all the Korean places, we found an Indian place and a Japanese place. We ate at the Indian restaurant. The food was delicious. And mostly we had the place to ourselves. The owners were very solicitous. At one point I looked at Chris and said "Our 20th anniversary is tomorrow, I think we are going to make it". He said "Actually, it won't be our anniversary until 3am on Thursday our time. Shall I wake you up?".
Walking back to the base, we discovered that the walk-in gate must have closed soon after we left. So we had to walk ALL the way around to Gate 20, and then back to the car. Oh, I wish I hadn't eaten so much. When we got home, Michele was not happy to hear that we went to an Indian restaurant without her. But she would not have enjoyed the walk.
Examining the quilt top I put together earlier, I realized that I had sewn one strip backwards. I attempted to fix it while watching TV. I had almost finished when my phone rang. After that call, I had to send an e-mail, and then my SKYPE rang. After THAT call, I forgot about sewing, and concentrated on e-mail. One was from Chris about a possible vacation site in Buyeo. Our trip to Mt. Sorak got sacked due to no available accommodations. So hopefully this will work out. We want to go this weekend for our anniversary, and time is running short.

No comments: