Sunday, October 10, 2010

A perfect day

Let's see if I can remember all the things that made today so perfect...
First, we slept in a little, and then Chris woke me up in the best way. We had breakfast and checked e-mail. Then we packed clothes for two days, and headed south out of Seoul. Thankfully we had a GPS. It got us to the shrine of Admiral Yi, who was a famous Korean naval commander and invented turtle ships to fight the Japanese in the late 1500's. The shrine is a beautiful place. It is trees, and grass, and ponds, and great big gold fish. I shall post a pic or two when I get home. It is like a huge park with historical markers. Just outside the gate, vendors sell colorful kid's toys, and families throw blankets on the ground for picnics.
Then we drove into town to find a restaurant. Most were closed because it was after 2, but Chris found a nice one. We sat on the floor, ordered what the proprietor recommended, and enjoyed our meal of pork soup. Then we found a hotel. It is very nice. (Turns out to be the priciest, too) We checked out the ammenities and found a massage place. I got a 2 hour massage (hey, don't I deserve one for putting up with one man for 20 years?). They also have separate men's and women's baths where you get to sit in a hot mineral spring. But the water is 58 degree F!
After the massage, I went back to our room where Chris had found us some hard-boiled eggs, persimmons, oranges, and baked treats. We had our snack and settled in to watch Animal Planet. WE had almost fallen asleep when I remembered to post this to my blog before I forget what happened.

No comments: