Sunday, October 3, 2010

Romantic walk to the bridge

We got to church just in time to walk past the choir, who were all lined up to process in. The sermon was given by Father Gene, who spoke last week, so it was Father Stan's turn. But Father Gene wanted to answer a parishioners question about last week's sermon, namely, is there a second chance? And although last week's reading implied that there was not, Father Gene said yes, it is in God's nature to give second chances.
After church, while we were having snacks, I got out the wallhanging I brought for Hyon, and found out that she was bringing me a bag of fabric. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. The good news is that they had young coconuts again. However, they were twice as expensive. Nevertheless, I bought two. We took our groceries home, and put them away with Michele's help. Chris then went to post to install a new keyboard on his laptop. I perused e-mail, and Michele did some studying. When Chris came back, he put supper on the stove to cook, and we took a walk down to the bridge. We arrived at 4 and the water show was starting. We could also hear some music, but I understand the real show is after dark when the lights come on. I think it runs every hour. Now knowing how to get there in day light, it should not be a problem at night. On the way back we passed a bicycle shop. I made a note of it. We did a little exploring and found a back way into our apartment complex. We met Jeff there, and he was 'recycling' clothes. I did not realize that was part of our recycling area. As we entered the apt, we could smell supper. The pork barbecue was ready. After supper, we all spent time with our computers. Then I went into my sewing room to make 10 QOV blocks for tomorrow, and work more on the black, green and yellow project. While I worked, I listened to the MP3 player Julia gave me. I heard the sound track for Quasimodo, and The Piano. Then there was an e-book and interview with Lemony Snickett. The children had just seen Count Olaf's house for the first time when I realized it was time for bed.

No comments: