Saturday, October 30, 2010

Maryann - a really good friend

I did not have time to take any pics today. After breakfast, I was going to go to a dance event near Sookmyung, but while in the shower my back was telling me not to go. So I stayed home to clean. I cleared both side tables, and under them. You wouldn't believe the dust under the couch! I thought since we were only going to be here for two years that I didn't need to clean, but now that Chris extended, the dirt is starting to aaccumulate:) I tackled the pile on top of the 'chest' in the entrance. I had started a batch of beans in the slow cooker last night on low. I kicked it up to high for awhile. When Michele said the beans were ready, I put in a package of buffalo, tomatoes, and some garlic. I also took a break to Skype Chris to ask him where the winter sheets are since I removed and washed the summer ones. But he wasn't there so I Skyped Kevin instead. Did not realize that it was 1:30 am, but he was up. Later in the afternoon Maryann came over again and she put the clean sheets on the bed. Thank goodness because I am not strong enough to lift the corners on the king mattress without straining my back. Together we got a lot done. We cleaned in my sewing room, and in the corner between the bedrooms. We also stopped for a bowl of bean soup. I promised her free sewing lessons for life. Any friend will come visit when your house is clean, but a really good friend will come when it is dirty and help you clean it up.

No comments: