Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our anniversary is over

Last night Chris wanted me to make apple fritters with the apples we bought at the roadside market. He got Michele to join him in giving me the sad, puppy dog face when I said "There's the kitchen, there are the apples. What do you need me for?" But I resisted them.
Also Chris suggested we could take a day trip NW of Seoul today. So after we slept in, and I had breakfast and checked my e-mail, I was ready to go. But he said then that it was too late because of traffic. So instead, I went to the thrift shop and put in my normal 3 hours. I was too late to catch the fabric man at DHL (AFSC luncheon), so I saved a lot of money.
On the way out of the thrift shop, I saw MaryAnn. So we got together for a chat. At 3, I gave her a ride to the DHL to get her car, and I drove home. Chris was making brownies and soup. Somehow that put me in the mood to bake, so I made up a sweetbread dough and added dark chocolate and apple chunks. I tried to roll it into balls covered in melted butter and cinnamon sugar and nuts, but it was so sticky that I gave up on that half way through. The soup was ready then so Chris and I ate. When the oven was ready, I put the pans in to bake. Michele came home for supper then and the two of them had quite a bit of brownies for dessert. But I waited for my dessert to finish. And by golly, they ate a bunch of that, too. As a rule, I don't eat desserts, but I must confess that I had my share because it was so good.
Chris bought me a UPS for my computer and he installed it. At the same time he bought a Harry Potter movie. We all watched it after supper.
Regarding our trip to the south, I must say that the GPS came in very handy. We had one destination in mind, and it got us there. Then we asked it for restaurants and hotels, and it gave us a list. From there we got a tourist map, and found more destinations to plug in. Only once did it say "You've reached your destination" and there was nothing there.
*This pic is from the Admiral Yi shrine. What a beautiful place!*

No comments: