Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Million dollar smile? Not quite.

Chris and Michele did not do on-line gaming this morning. Instead, Chris went to post to get the cash to pay rent for the next two years. Michele wanted to touch it, so I took a pic of her, with her $80,000 smile. Chris also bought several bottles of wine and a basket to put them in, as an apology to the owner for paying the rent late. Our real estate agent picked him up at 11 to go to an office where our agent paid their agent (I think). Then the two agents came back here to address our one issue of routing the air conditioner hose through the wall instead of the window. It would be nice not to have bugs in the summer and cold air in the winter coming through that window.
We also did laundry. I got a load of fabric done and spent part of the afternoon ironing it dry. I also watched a movie from Netflix called "7 Pounds". I am not sure why it was called that. It starred Will Smith as a man who was trying to save 7 people in order to make up for the accident he caused that took 7 lives. This movie made me cry. I missed the first scene by fast-forwarding through the opening trailers. And I think it was better that way. The opening scene gives clues to the ending.
It was almost 6:30 when I left to walk to Ichon station. I brought a book to read until Julia arrived. We exchanged dollars for won, which was a good deal for both of us. Then we went to a restaurant to eat. The first place didn't have any of the things we knew how to order. So they motioned to another restaurant across the street. We ordered from pictures there. It was all good, of course. I wish I had my camera because the old man there had the cutest little dog, which would climb into his satchel. Pekingese maybe? What a video that would have made! Afterwards, we found the little market where I get kimchi. Both of us bought some, although different kinds. Then we walked back to Ichon and parted ways. I walked home with my kimchi, in the rain. Romaric, Chris, and Michele were still gaming. I got on my computer to finish up e-mail and post this pic to my blog.

No comments: