Monday, October 18, 2010

Granny would be proud!

Back to making sandwiches on a Monday morning. Well, ok, ONE sandwich at 6:30. Then back to bed for an hour or so, then I was up to do a little exercising and have breakfast. I cut up some cheeses as my contribution to lunch. I grabbed my stuff and headed out to quilting. When I got there, two ladies were setting up tables. Then others came in and we all got to talking which made the rest of set-up late. Cathy, our president, wanted us to work on kimono blocks as well as baby quilts. So ok. We did not get as much done on baby quilts as we would have if we had done only that. And since we lost a day last week making quilts, we were behind in baby quilts. At the end of our time, Cathy took a pic of all of us holding up kimono blocks. I did not get a shot 'cause I couldn't find my camera. Kennedy asked me to stay after and show her how to rotary cut. So we cut strips of her fabric to make a four-patch quilt. Then I drove her home. She showed me how to crochet a granny square. Previously I had only sewed granny circles! By the time I got home, it was after 5. I remembered to bring up the bag of fabric from Hyon. Only it turned out to be clothing made from AFrican prints, and Indonesian fabrics! Chris came home bearing a box from Lisa. It contained fabrics, pillow panels, and stuffed animal panels. Who-hoo! Chris made buffalo for supper. I put on a mock-fashion show with the clothing Hyon gave me. When Michele got home, she saw it and found a few pieces she liked. But she wouldn't let me take a pic of her in them. Finally I retired to my computer to go through e-mail, at least until it messed up and I had to reboot. I cut a couple of charm squares in my sewing room and came back to see if the reboot had finished. I ended my session by looking on the net for simpler projects for my sewing student to make. That means something she won't have her mother helping her do.

No comments: