Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kimono class

Chris left for work before 4am. I did hear him get up, but went back to sleep. Slept in until 8. I got up for e-mail and breakfast. Michele left about 9 for college. I did a little sewing then went to the thrift shop. There weren't so many books today, so I did some straightening of books and DVD's, and counted a 1000 piece puzzle. I also helped Mrs. Chung (our assistant manager) to assemble some 'things'. One turned out to be a clothes rack, the other was some sort of baby swing. I left the shop at 2:30, found Jade, and drove us both home. Actually we had to walk home over the pedestrian bridge. She was eating an apple when I found her, and at my house she microwaved some ravioli. But I had to be firm about starting the lesson at three whether she was done eating or not. She was her usual inattentive self. Actually she did pay attention - to everything else in the room, just not what I was trying to show her. Her father asked that I show her how to make bows from ribbon. But she did not bring any ribbon. So I used some that was leftover from the VOY ceremony last year. I wanted to show her a ribbon rose too, but just couldn't remember how to get it started. When her father arrived to pick her up, he didn't have any money - again. So I agreed to take payment in won, which he could get at a nearby 7-Eleven. Then I finished sewing a seam I had started this morning, ate some leftovers, and got on the computer to write minutes for our group for the last three months. It went smoothly until I printed the last sheet. I was going to be late (well, not as early as I had planned) and the printer was printing crookedly. So Chris came in, loaded a sheet of paper, pressed a button, and it printed out slick as whistle. So I raced off to class. I brought in all our equipment. Cathy arrived, and we both signed the three pages of minutes, filling in the blanks for QOV and Stork's Nest. Other ladies arrived then, and Melanie showed everyone how to make a paper-pieced kimono block. Some made the small, and some the large version. I helped one lady cut borders for her quilt, and cleaned the fuzz out of one of the group machines. Several of us discussed how to request funds from local groups. We decided to meet tomorrow morning to make a list of what we would like to have, and write a request. We all packed up, and I took a set of kimono fabrics home to make a block. When I got home, Chris was already in bed. So I read through my e-mail and wrote to my blog.
* This is a pic from the Sinjeongho tourist resort. I could not figure out if it was modern art, or one of the exercise stations. *

No comments: