Friday, October 15, 2010

Money doesn't grow on trees

Chris did not need a sandwich so I got to sleep in a little. Then I got breakfast and sat in front of my computer to eat it. I got dressed, grabbed three months of minutes for our group as well as my notebook, and headed off to the AnC center. Cathy was there helping Judy quilt another quilt, and Mary came by so we could all discuss what we need for the coming year, and how much money to ask AFSC for. Mary had the request form and filled it out. We decided $1700 ought to cover notions, batting, fabric, and Statler quilting patterns. Only took 4 hours! Then I drove to the DHL to deposit some checks, and to ACS to drop off the minutes. But they were CLOSED! They closed early for AFAP. Guess I will have to go back on Monday. I discovered that I had left my jacket at the AnC center, and it was windy. So I walked back (didn't want to drive through after-school traffic) to get it. On the return trip, I sat in back of the DHL for a nature break. Then I drove home. No one was here. I had some leftovers for lunch. Then got on my computer until Chris got home. We talked for awhile about the financial issues of our group, and how I hate that the bank service-charges us $5 a month for having less than $500. When we get money, we have to spend it all in 60 days, so can't keep a minimum balance. If we leave no money in there, then they will close our account. Grrr.
Then Michele came home, and Chris heated up some leftovers for supper. We all retired to our computers. But after awhile, Yahoo stopped cooperating with me, so I stopped computing, and went into my sewing room to work on two paper-pieced kimono blocks. One large, and one small. I did them at the same time so I would only have to figure out each next step once. Chris went to bed early. Now it is my turn.

No comments: