Monday, October 4, 2010

Show and Tell

Today is the first Monday of this month. Often we (the quilters) meet at someone house for show-and-tell and female bonding. Well, no one offered to host it (most using the 'my in-laws are here' excuse). So we met at the chapel. However, we did not do much other than show-and-tell. I had 10 QOV blocks and took fabric for 8 more. Judy made the quilt in the pic. We discussed possible group projects (for the raffle quilts we are inevitably asked for each year). I agreed to participate in all of them, but can't remember what they are right now. I should have written it down but did not have my notebook. I am now acting secretary as well. At 11 Chris called and needed my assistance at the travel agency. The trip we planned to Jeju island fell through because not enough people signed up. So we had to explore other options. Finally we signed up for a trip to Sorak Mountain. It sounds like the perfect get-away for our 20th anniversary. We are still waiting for confirmation on the accommodations, but I am excited.
I went back to the quilt group who had just finished lunch. They decided to quit early and go to the big D (Dongdaemun). Janet had never been there and it is always fun to take someone new. So after I ate, we went, riding the subway. One of our projects is to give each person a fat quarter of the same fabric, and have them turn in a block or two using that fabric. So the others bought coordinating fabric. I knew I could find whatever I needed in my stash, so I bought whatever caught my eye. We got back around 2:30, putting us right in after-school traffic. So several of us hung around the SPC waiting for traffic to slow down. I think we talked for 2 hours. We talked about a girl's trip to Daegu where rumor has it there is a new place to shop for fabric. Then we all left, going our respective ways. I went home and had leftovers, not waiting for Chris to come home. He had leftovers, too, and then got on his computer. I spent time with my computer but also in my sewing room. After washing and drying all that fabric, I ironed it and did some more work on my black, green and yellow project. I also fixed my music tote bag where one strap had pulled away from the stitching.

No comments: