Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fusible pumpkin class

I made a loaf of bread last night for the meeting this morning. The meeting time was 10 am and Ella asked that we come early. I was 10 minutes early, but there was no place to park, so I had to park at the top of the hill behind the post office. The meeting did not start until 10:20, with people coming in as much as an hour late. I got to see MaryAnn, at least until she left after an hour and a half. And the meeting went on. Finally we got to eat. My bread was not a big hit because it looked like plain bread and I did not have time to make butter to go with it. But that's ok, because now I have more bread to make Chris' sandwiches. I planned to leave at 2, but offered a ride to Carmen and the two women she signed in. Took a while to get all three of them out of the store. After I dropped them off at gate 17, I went home. My student for today did not come, so I had some time to work in my sewing room, however, I found myself napping instead. I planned to bring the 10 blocks I had made to the SPC early so I could arrange them and sew them together. But with one thing and another, I did not get there until after 6. Then I discovered that we only had half a room again, and it was filled with tables, and snacks in disorder. The Katusas came to clean it up, and left me 6 tables and helped me arrange them around the walls to use the outlets. I had enough time to lay out the blocks, and some friendly advice as other women arrived. But then I had to pick them up to allow class to start. Melanie came prepared, as she always does. She taught the fusible pumpkin applique class. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Afterwards, we cleaned up and left. I drove to the parking lot, switched cars, and drove home. I decided to pull into a space instead of backing in, thinking that would be easier. But it wasn't. Took me 5 tries. Each time it seemed that my side view mirror was going to shear off against the post. I guess I should have picked a wider space. Anyway, up to the apartment, and onto my computer. I read through a bunch of e-mails, learning about free energy and its suppression by those in charge. And learned that eating genetically modified soy caused infertility in third generation rats. Want grandchildren and great-grandchildren? Avoid GMO soy for you and your descendants.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

LOVE the fall quilt!!