Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wang Mandu

Before I went to bed last night, I put some beans in a bowl to soak. Sounds simple enough, but Chris insists on buying 12 bags of beans instead of one mixed bag of beans. So I had to open 12 bags and measure out 1/4 cup. Also, Michele and Chris had gone to bed, and cupboard is too high for me to reach. I was so glad to finish and go to bed.
In the morning I was awakened by the big feather. This lead to...(static)..."has it been 5 minutes?"...(more static)...then Chris woke up Michele to play with the on-line gamers. I prepared breakfast and read through my e-mail. I read that mice who slept in a completely dark room lost more weight than mice that slept in a semi-dark room, with the same diet and exercise program. I marked my new supplements with the dosages. When Chris' game was over, he packed for his trip. Then the three of us went to his office. He had a few things to do there and I was able to pick and eat a very small tomato. Then he drove us to gate 57 where he pulled over, got out, hugged us, grabbed his stuff and headed for the Capitol hotel to catch a bus to the airport. I drove Michele over to gate 19. She and I walked from there to E-Mart where I bought eggs and natto. We found a restaurant there where she had eaten before. She wanted a certain kind of dumpling called 'wang mandu' and here she is demonstrating how to eat it. When we finished the rest of our meal, we walked back to base, then drove to the apartment. We watched a Netflix movie called "Guardian". That was good, but sad at the end. I also folded my laundry, hard-boiled the eggs, and put black borders on my star. I found an X-Files movie on Korean Tv and Michele came in to watch it. Before we knew it, it was 10pm. THEN she wanted to watch Sense and Sensibility in my sewing room because I have the VHS player in there. So I left to write my blog. Now I am going to sleep in my competely dark bedroom. I have set the alarm clock so that I will wake up even though no daylight can come in. I hope that Chris' cell phone (which he meant to take with him) doesn't ring at 6am every day.



No comments: