Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter sunday

I was a little nervous about how things would go for playing in church so I had some trouble sleeping. I awoke before the alarm went off at 6:30. I skipped exercise, but showered and fixed my usual breakfast. I went through 4 outfits and 3 necklaces to get dressed for church because I did not iron the dresses that came out of storage. We walked into church 10 minutes early. There were not many people, kinda like a warm-up service. Afterwards lots of people walked up to thank me for playing. I hope they thanked the other players, too. The organist asked me to play again sometime. A man asked me if I can ad lib to Dixieland music. I wish I could. Between services was a breakfast put on by the youth. I ate fruit. Several people stopped to talk to us. i learned one thing: don't mention Korea unless you are willing to hear their stories of being stationed there. The choir director handed me a thank-you card. I was surprised to find a check in there. A man came up to Chris, handed him offering envelopes and said - Happy Easter! It's like the Easter bunny handing out empty eggs, wanting us to fill them and give them back. Ha. The second service was full. Lots of music was scheduled for communion but it still wasn't enough. After the service, a nice lady chatted with us and gave us one of her lilies. Then, we went home to change clothes. We went to Publix, but it was closed, so we proceeded to Kroger. Then we had lunch. I watered the plants and noticed the cucumbers were up. I had to thin them, so I gave some to the next door neighbor who was working in his garden. He had to thin his turnip so he gave me some of those. He told me how to harvest poke weed. So I did, along with some wild lettuce, washed it all up. Chris gave me a massage and we fell asleep all afternoon. Then it was suppertime. I picked some dandelion and made a big salad with the poke weed leaves. I ate some frozen fruit, read some e-mail, and sketched out my blog entry. We then watched the last two episodes of B5. What tearjerkers they were! If I had known I wouldn't have wasted my time. Then I had to clear my mind with an episode of NCIS, second season. The neighbor recommended a song called Poke Salad Annie, so I called it up on Youtube. Pretty good. But now I don't feel so good and wonder if it has something to do with eating the pokeweed. I took two capsules of activated charcoal hoping I won't have to toss this salad. Let's see if it helps.

No comments: